Sunday, November 15, 2020

Fickle

Publicity for my missing son is trade off.  Keeping your loved ones missing case relevant and current is the hope!  On the one hand you get the story back into the news and peoples minds.

It is a mental and physical roller-coaster of emotion every time.   


 

It’s exhausting as I feel myself slide into overdrive, shaking with the heightened adrenaline, jaws chattering out of my control.  I persevere. It’s my chance to have Damien acknowledged. He is still a missing person. After the interview it takes awhile to settle that adrenaline rush and to go over in my mind what was discussed.  Fretting if I got it all out clearly!  Jumping through adrenaline hoops re-living the moments again.

 

I have to believe it will be better to endure the physical distress than not to try again. If the trade off works out then it’s worth the effort. 

 

It is still bitterly disappointing if the media fail to follow through with an article!  

 

One learns to have a thick skin as possible and to expect to be let down.  It cushions the fall. So many times it’s bumped by bigger stories or an editor decided on a whim not to got with it.


Chalk it up to fickleness. 


1 comment:

  1. Any effort is worth the effort. Families have to become the advocate for their missing loved one, since there is no one else who will stick with it year after year. This tireless but draining effort is called Love. Your efforts will hopefully keep the door open to the answers needed to finding Damien. Thinking of you and hoping for answers.

    ReplyDelete