Saturday, March 11, 2023

To Damien

 I don’t know how to shake this feeling of perpetual anxiety.  It’s gnawing and tugging inwardly in my mind and in my soul.

 

Never a day passes where I don’t think of you Damien.

 

This feeling has sat with me daily since you went missing.  26 years and counting my son without your voice,  your humor and your smile and your very being. The constant tug and pull aches of how much I miss you.  I think about you as I go about my daily routines.  As if I might seem normal, though it is grossly abnormal. Seen by anyone who did not know my son vanished might never suspect the pain inside my heart.  

 

I wish you could have been with me longer.  I know something bad happened to take you from us dearest boy.   It’s not your fault.

 

I just wish I knew.  I wish I could find an answer to make sense of all of this inner turmoil I suffer.  But suffer it all I will in hopes of knowing the truth one day.


Mother of Missing Damien Nettles. I will never give up hope. Author: The Boy Who Disappeared non-fiction/true crime ISBN: 9781789460711 enquires via website.

No comments:

Post a Comment